The MASterworks Awards recognize excellence in architecture and urban design in New York City. The program honors the best projects, completed within the last year, that have made a significant contribution to the built environment of the city.
Encouraging a beautiful and inspiring city reflects the MAS goal of advocating for livability and aspirational architecture, urban design, and city building for all city residents. Awards are made in the following categories, (subject to jury discretion):
• Best New Building for outstanding new design
• Best Restoration for the restoration of a historically significant commercial, residential or institutional building and/or publicly accessible lobby
• Neighborhood Catalyst for a project that has been a catalyst for change in its neighborhood
• Best New Urban Amenity for a new addition to the built environment that improves the experience of living in and moving through the landscape of the city
• Best Urban Landscape for a new open space that contributes to New York’s livability and resilience